Learn how to apply and animate masks using actionscript 3.0 with this clear tutorial regarding this matter.
Great tutorial on how to apply and create masks using actionscript 3.0, learn how to use alpha, and apply them to objects in Flash. Nice effect!
Learn how to create your own scroll for Movie Clips using Actionscript 3.0. The movie will give a blur effect to the clip while scrolling giving a nice eye catching effect. Learning how to create your own scroll will be a must because you can adapt the code for multiple purposes using different designs and styles matching your current project feel.
Just found a cool article about the AS3 display list system where you will be covering the basics and the concept to display objects on the screen, control their hierarchy, position, how to remove objects and more.
Have a look at republicofcode.com
This is a complete series of tutorials about Flash CS and Actionscript 3.0 on how to develop your own Flash games.
The list is composed by:
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Adding Library Objects to Stage with AS3
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Character Movement / Handling Multiple Keypresses
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: More Advanced Character Movement
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Level Mechanics and Animated Backgrounds
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Firing Weapons with Delays
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Learn How to Make Enemies with Basic AI!!!
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Registering Hit Tests
* AS3 Flash Games for Beginners: Using Frame Labels and Art Tweening